CB3 Releases November Agenda
Posted on: October 31st, 2011 at 6:09 am by Elie
Last modified on: November 2, 2011 at 8:03 am
It’s everyone’s favorite time of month. No, not that…the scramble for the Community Board 3 liquor license agenda. CB3 quietly unleashed the November docket Friday afternoon, and the schedule is rife with establishments in Alphabet City. Here are some items of note a bit closer to home:
This image has been archived or removed.
- Landbrot at 185 Orchard Street is seeking a wine and beer license. We haven’t heard so much as a peep from this gourmet bakery since word first broke of its arrival last January.
- An LLC called Livety is vying for the old BLVD space, and seeks an on-premise liquor license. A couple weeks ago, we heard word that the team behind Abe & Arthur’s could be eying 199 Bowery.
- An unknown entity is seeking a full liquor license for 87 Ludlow, which is currently occupied by UC Lounge.
- Rhong-Tiam Express will plead its case for an alteration to serve liquor in its “secret” backyard patio space.
- Peels wants an additional standup bar, and is applying for an alteration.
- The Bean’s two new locations are seeking wine and beer licenses.
Full agenda below:
Renewal with Complaint History
1. The Porch (The Porch Inc), 115 Ave C (full liquor)
2. Kelly’s (Diddler Doyle Corp), 12 Ave A (full liquor)
3. Kenka (Hinomaru Inc), 25 St Marks Pl (full liquor)
4. Diablo Royale (East Village Café & Restaurant LLC), 167 Ave A (full liquor)
Applications within Resolution Areas
5. Cafetasia (Cafetasia Inc), 85 Ave A (upgrade to full liquor)
6. Essbar (102 Ave C LLC), 102 Ave C aka 230 E 7th St (upgrade to full liquor)
7. Nublu, 151 Ave C (full liquor)
8. Pouring Ribbons (Lead to Gold Inc), 225 Ave B (full liquor)
9. To be Determined, 116 Ave C (full liquor)
10. Japadog Inc, 30 St Marks Pl (wine and beer)
11. 6 St Marks Inc, 6 St Marks Pl-Floors 2, 3 & 4 (wine and beer)
12. Landbrot (185 Orchard Street Landbrot LLC), 185 Orchard St (wine and beer)
13. Alphabet City Beer Co (Alphabet City Wine Co LLC), 96 Ave C (beer only)
14. Cien Fuegos (Cien Fuegos LLC), 95 Ave A (alteration/full liquor)
15. Rockwood’s (Ken Rock Enterprises LLC), 190-192 Allen St (alteration/full liquor)
16. Rhong-Tiam Express, 154 Orchard St (alteration/full liquor/enclosed backyard)
17. Peels Restaurant (Radley Realty Corp), 325 Bowery (alteration/full liquor/additional standup bar)
New Liquor License Applications
18. Livety LLC, 199 Bowery (full liquor) (BLVD)
19. Shoolbred’s, 197 2nd Ave (full liquor)
20. Inhabit Lounge (Samond Inc), 39 Eldridge St (full liquor)
21. To be Determined, 87 Ludlow St (full liquor)
22. Pho88 Vietnamese Restaurant (Pho88 Vietnamese Restaurant Inc), 51 Bayard St (wine and beer)
23. Shima Japanese Restaurant (H&T Restaurant LLC), 188 2nd Ave (wine and beer)
24. Nevada Smiths (92 Nunz Walk Inc), 100 3rd Ave (full liquor)
25. The Bean (54 2nd Ave Bean LLC), 54 2nd Ave (wine and beer)
26. The Bean (147 1st Ave Bean LLC), 147 1st Ave (wine and beer)
27. Nicoletta (Letta #1 LLC), 160 2nd Ave (wine and beer)
28. Ichibantei LLC, 401 E 13th St (wine and beer)
29. Foundation, 137 Essex St (full liquor)
30. Golden Cadillac, 446-448 E 13th St (full liquor)
31. Oliva (F&C Bari Restaurant Associates Inc), 207-213 Allen St aka 159-161 E Houston (full liquor)
Avril Lavigne returned to SoHo this week to mark the twentieth anniversary of her pop-punk debut, Let Go. The “Sk8er Boi” artist took to TikTok in celebratory gush, posting a quick hit of her standing in the intersection of Broadway and Canal Street. An ode to the album cover, twenty years older and not blurry, […]
Despite ongoing troubles with his East Broadway project, local owner-developer Daniel Wise is now proceeding with a new development planned for Grand Street. No longer an overgrown jungle of weeds, the zombie parcel spanning 330-332 Grand is, as of a couple weeks ago, fully reanimated. The Department of Buildings issued permits for foundation work last […]
Articles about ear-shattering noise levels, from parties to cruising cars, as well as the general lack of regard for the residents of Hell Square, are rote at this point. Almost a cliche. But to residents living in the bullseye, the aural assault remains a weekly nightmare. And this past Saturday night, by several accounts, upped […]
New York City public pools officially opened yesterday. For the Lower East Side, that means the Pitt Pool (aka Hamilton Fish) is ready to go. The launch happened with great fanfare. Parks Commissioner Sue Donoghue joined Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine, Assembly Member Harvey Epstein, Senator Brian Kavanagh, Council Member Carlina Rivera, and local kids […]
Belse, the Texas-based vegan brewery and restaurant, is now in business on the Bowery. The Lone Star State transplant – officially, Belse Plant Cuisine – takes 11,000 square-feet at 265-267 Bowery, in what was previously the fleeting home of the Paulaner Brauhaus brewery. The renovated space features three sections – a restaurant, bar, and Garden […]