January SLA Agenda Released; Ivan Ramen Coming to Clinton Street
Posted on: December 20th, 2012 at 6:09 am by Elie
This image has been archived or removed.
Just as the city is preparing for another mass exodus ahead of the holidays, Community Board 3 quietly released its agenda for January’s SLA subcommittee meeting. And it comes in pretty light with only twenty items under consideration. Here are some of the more notable nuggets.
- Ivan Orkin (man) is gunning for 25 Clinton Street to open his much-anticipated Ivan Ramen noodle bar. He seeks full liquor.
- That Latin-flavored grocer/restaurant we told you about in October – Pulperia – is applying for wine and beer privileges.
- St. Jerome’s at 155 Rivington changed its corporate identity after being sold earlier this year, and now seeks the same on-premise license.
- San Marzano on Clinton is currently for sale, which probably explains the new application for full liquor.
Full agenda printed below:
Renewal with Complaint History
1. Temple of Ankh, 58 Clinton St (wine and beer)
Applications within Resolution Areas
2. San Marzano Pizzeria (San Marzano LLC), 71 Clinton St (full liquor)
3. Ivan Ramen, 25 Clinton St (full liquor)
4. Pig & Khao (68 Clinton Restaurant Associates LLC), 68 Clinton St (full liquor)
5. 154 Ludlow Bar LLC, 154 Ludlow St (full liquor)
New Liquor License Applications
6. Rivington 155 Parlor Inc, 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
7. To be Determined, 138 Orchard St (full liquor)
8. To be Determined, 49 Canal St (full liquor)
9. Elephant House Inc, 301 E 12th St (full liquor)
10. Pul Peria on Essex Inc, 131 Essex St (wine and beer)
11. Mediterrean Grill and Tapas (Izagara Gourmet Inc), 128 1st Ave (full liquor)
12. Good Luck House Inc, 21 Division St (wine and beer)
13. Hill and Dale Restaurant Group LLC, 115 Allen St (full liquor)
14. Matilda (Settebello LLC), 647 E 11th St (full liquor/upgrade)
15. Famous Sichuan One Inc, 10 Pell St (wine and beer)
16. To be Determined, 87 Bowery (full liquor)
17. 90 Third Avenue TC Restaurant LLC, 90 3rd Ave (full liquor)
18. Wo Hop City Inc, 15 Mott St (wine and beer)
Old Business-Renewal with Complaint History
19. The Suffolk Bar, 107 Suffolk St (wine and beer)
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
20. St Jerome’s (Rivington Wine & Cheese Inc), 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
Storefront ATMs are nothing new. In fact, their ubiquity was so pronounced that the city banned freestanding ones from sidewalks about a decade ago. Visitors to Chinatown or the Lower East Side unfamiliar with bank ATM locations when in need of cash might not realize the exorbitant fees some ATM operators are charging. For instance, […]
The principals behind five-year-old Kind Regards on Ludlow Street – Michael Bray and Noble Harris – are together joining the party south of the Delancey Divide with a new hangout called Bongos. Bongos opened at 85 Orchard Street earlier this month – on the museum block – reactivating the storefront left vacant by An Choi two […]
The glassy office building that replaced the beloved Sunshine Cinema has its first tenant. And an anchor, at that. The arrival of San Francisco-based Solana Labs comes mere weeks after the sidewalk bridge outside 141 East Houston came down (thereby freeing Yonah Schimmel from bondage). Solana Labs, a blockchain company, reportedly signed a lease for […]
A straphanger was shot and killed Sunday morning on a Q train just off the Manhattan Bridge in what investigators are calling an unprovoked attack. The 48-year-old victim, whose name is not released, was shot in the chest around 11:40am yesterday while riding a northbound Q train that was pulling into the Canal Street station, […]
Demolition started this week at 6 Chatham Square, which, until this month, housed neighborhood favorite Dim Sum Palace. Early morning May 1, a fire in the kitchen spread throughout the building, triggering a five-alarm response from the fire department. All told, five firefighters were injured battling the inferno over several hours. And according to Red […]