3rd Annual Chinatown Restaurant Week Kicks off Today
This image has been archived or removed.
The 3rd Annual Chinatown Restaurant Week is officially underway. This time around, there are plenty of old favorites and newbie hot spots to get your tastebuds in a twist. The event has landed Häagen-Dazs as its lead sponsor this year, which means the Mott Street locale is also dishing out some deals.
From creator and volunteer producer Julie Huang:
Chinatown Restaurant Week establishments want you to step out and head towards downtown Manhattan to Spring for Chinatown by dining at one of the participating restaurants… There is no better time to take your social life back from Winter when you spring for a meal in Chinatown and find your new favorite spot before the trends.
But the fun doesn’t stop with the food. Organizers are running a Twitter photo contest: snap a shot of your Chinatown Restaurant meal, including @ChinatownRW or #SpringforChinatown in your tweet, and you’ll be entered to win “a replica diamond keychain ring.” We don’t know what the hell that is, but good luck!
Chinatown Restaurant week runs from March 14 – 30. More chowing info can be found here.
Here’s a breakdown of this year’s participants:
- Mika Japanese Cuisine & Bar,150 Centre St.
- Golden Unicorn Restaurant , 18 E. Broadway
- Happy Lucky Shabu Shabu Restaurant, 96 Bowery
- HK Wonton Garden, 79 Mulberry St.
- Lobster Boat,11 Mott St.
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor, 13 Doyers St.
- Noodle Village, 13 Mott St.
- Hop Lee Restaurant, 16 Mott St.
- Peking Duck House, 28 Mott St., Lunch only
- Red Egg, 202 Centre St.
- Shanghai Cuisine, 89 Bayard St.
- Shanghai Gourmet, 23 Pell St.
- Vegetarian Dim Sum, 24 Pell St.
- Yeah Shanghai Deluxe, 50 Mott St.
- Häagen-Dazs Chinatown, 53 Mott St.