Egg Rolls, Egg Creams, and Empanadas Return to Eldridge Street Next Month
The beloved annual block party celebrating a trifecta of treats – egg rolls, egg creams, and empanadas – is coming up on its 18th year celebrating on the Lower East Side. Indeed, the festival, hosted by the Museum at Eldridge Street, will once again pay tribute to the diverse communities of the neighborhood, by way of food, performances, games, and hands-on demonstrations.
Highlights this year will include:
- Traditional Chinese papercutting
- Traditional Jewish papercutting
- Puerto Rican lacemaker Elena Martinez
- Klezmer band Litvakus
- Chinese calligraphy
- Chinese Tea Ceremony
- Steve Weintraub, Yiddish Dance Instructor
- Music from the Chinese Senior Center
- Puerto Rican Vejigantes Paper Mache mask making
- Julia Guiterrez-Rivera and band
- Mahjongg tournament
And of course, there will be kosher egg rolls, egg creams, and empanadas for sale.
The free festival is June 17, from 12-4 at the Eldridge Street Synagogue, 12 Eldrige Street.