Carbon Monoxide Leak at Broome Street Bodega Sickens 5 People
Carbon monoxide levels spiked at a Broome Street bodega early yesterday morning, sickening five people.
The purported gas leak happened at the Optimum Gourmet Deli on the ground floor of 243 Broome. Firefighters rushed to the store at 7:40am. Five were sickened by the elevated gas in the air, including one who was seriously hurt.
Carbon monoxide levels were reportedly back under control an hour later. It’s unclear what exactly caused the incident.