Here are the Covid-19 Testing Sites Around the Lower East Side
We’ve seen this movie before.
In a sick twist of deja-vu, lines are again snaking down sidewalks outside urgent care centers around the city. Just as it was over a year ago.
Covid cases are spiking around the Five Boroughs to record levels since the 2020 outset – positive test results from Saturday showed 22,478, up from Friday’s number of 21,908 infections.
Here we are, though, with Omicron seizing seemingly every host like an invasion of the Body Snatchers. Public testing sites for Covid-19, as before, remain a significant tool, especially given the costs of home testing.
Below is a list of active testing sites around the Lower East Side and Chinatown.
- Gouverneur Hospital (227 Madison) – Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm; Saturday/Sunday, 8am-12pm
- CityMD (138 Delancey) – Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm; Saturday/Sunday, 9am-5pm
- Mobile unit outside Masaryk Towers (75 Columbia Street)
- Betances (280 Henry Street) – Saturday, 10am-2pm
- ClearMD (187 Centre Street) – Sunday to Saturday, 8am-7pm
- Quest Diagnostics (41 Elizabeth Street) – by appointment
- Medrite Urgent Care (264 Elizabeth Street) – Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm; Saturday/Sunday, 10am-5pm
Given the sudden increase in cases, this list is likely to change.